Looking for a new and innovative tool to use for your training? Here it is! The STATbot is an excellent hands-on tool for training in design of experiments, problem solving, measurement capability studies, process capability studies and numerous statistical analysis techniques. This guide will provide a step-by-step approach on how to use your STATbot during training sessions.
A fundamental shortcoming of many classroom exercises is that they are too trivial and too far removed from the technical challenges your team faces in the real world. Frequently engineers and scientists walk away from training initiatives feeling, "that was interesting, but what does this have to do with what I work on?" The Statbot is an amazing tool for training your new products development team members. It is a meaningful simulation of what many in industry are tasked to perform...combining the technical challenges of electro-mechanical design with sensors and software control.
$199.95 plus Shipping
given for multiple orders and university orders.
1-719-282-1143 for discounts.
Included with the Guide:
- Three STATbot Tracks (Straight, Oval and Wavy)
- A 45 day trial of DOE Wisdom software.
- Sample sheets for Measurement Capability Study
- STATbotDOECourse.ev3 file (Initial file used to perform examples in the guide.)
In addition to the Guide, you will need to purchase:
- Lego Mindstorms EV3 kit (Available at Amazon and stores such as Walmart and Target)
- "The LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Discover Book: A beginner's Guide to Building and Programming Robots" (This is available on Amazon. It has detailed instructions on how to build your STATbot. Building the STATbot is a lot of fun!)
Not sure how to best apply the STATbot to your training? Call us. All STATbot purchasers are welcome to call us anytime to discuss what types of training would be most effective for their specific challenges.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
- Lego Mindstorms
- STATbot Overview
- More on the Brick
- Downloading the EV3 software
- Projects and Programs on Mindstorms Software
- An Elementary Program
- Connecting to the STATbot
- Suggested approach for the STATbot DOE Experiment
- STATbot - Worked DOE Example
- Cause and Effect Diagram for STATbot Experiment
- Other Design of Experiments Ideas
- Fun Learning Exercise using the STATbot
- Measurement System Analysis
- STATbot Process Capability Study
- Treating the STATbot as a "Process"
Show video of the STATbot on Wavy Course
Show video of the STATbots on Oval Course