Two Day DOE Course
here for course dates and locations
Call 1-719-282-1143 to register
two-day introductory and intermediate topics course on design of
experiments provides the attendees with the skills necessary to setup
and analyze powerful orthogonal array experiments. Compared with traditional
testing strategies, companies typically obtain a 50% reduction in
the time and money required to conduct tests when applying the powerful
approaches of DOE.
Efficient and effective applications of experimental design require
a blending of key skills. Knowledge of the relevant technologies,
team communication skills, and some simple mathematical tools all
come into play (in this session we rely upon the computer to crunch
the numbers while we focus on interpretation of key graphics and output
tables). The following is what makes our session world class:
dynamic instructors will share their expertise in lively
sessions filled with hands-on application that keeps interest
team has taught these approaches to over 10,000 people.
of successful applications have been sparked by attendance
at our sessions.
how to simultaneously optimize more than one response.
sessions to discuss your processes and technologies in greater
detail may be arranged through the instructor.
previous experience with experimental design or statistics
care about our students. Past attendees are always welcome
to ask for advice on DOE related questions.
Experimental Design class is the most useful and best presented
course I've taken in years." - Eric Diebold, Boehringer
"Thanks for a very successful training experience. I enjoyed the time learning about DOE and you're top of my list when we need additional training." - Lawrence Rutan,Quality Assurance Manager, Roberts Swiss Inc.
following is an outline of the various topics covered in this
2 day course:
- The need for Experimental Design in Industry
- Why Engineers, Technicians and Scientists Need to Use These Powerful Approachess?
- What is an Experimental Design?
- What are the Benefits?
- Screening Approaches vs. Modeling Approaches.
- Why Conduct an Orthogonal Array?
-Main effects plots
- Blending Experimental Design with Knowledge of the Technology
- Checklist of Detailed Planning Questions
- Common Pitfalls for Those New to Design of Experiments
- Analysis for Variance Reduction
- Full-Factorials, Fractional-Factorials, Taguchi Arrays
- ANOVA and MLR Using Software
- Numerous Examples Using Software
- Rules of Thumb regarding Set-up and Analysis
- Multiple Response Co-optimization Using Desirability Functions
$2000 includes the text Engineering Today's Designed Experiments,
Student Version of DOE Wisdom Software, and Participant
includes all of the above plus the full version of DOE
Wisdom Software (a $200 discount).
practical, hands-on applications, learn from the experts in Experimental Design how to successfully blend the best
of Japanese and Western techniques.
Early - class sizes are limited for optimal interaction and